Craig Mitchelldyer's Blog

My Random Thoughts and Photos

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Long day.....


Today was a long day. it started with a shoot for the Portland Timbers soccer team. I went down to the park at 9:30am to setup for mugs shots for the media guide and program, then shot random "action" shots of new players as they practiced, then when practice was over shot the mugs and a few portraits that will be used for the program and media guide covers. This was my favorite shot. Yes, it looks like all the other low to the ground using the sky as a background shots I have done for PGE park in the past, but they want to stick with that "theme" and I think they look pretty cool. The park sucks for anything else to use as a background too, but I'm going to try some new angles on other portraits later this season to make them not look so "the same". This is Michael Nsien, he played in the MLS last year and from what I hear will be a great player for the Timbers this season.

After PGE Park, I had enough time to go to my office, check e-mail and then go home for 5 minutes to say hi to Jenn and Jordyn, then I headed over to Putnam high school to shoot a feature on the 2 sets of twins that compete on the team. Here is a portrait of the 4 of them:


I also shot some action, all 4 of them compete in the high jump and long jump, how's that for confusing when trying to get ID's! The high jump pit was in a perfect spot though, behind it was a grass hill that make the background perfect and the late afternoon light made it a fun event to shoot!

1 Comments:

  • At 4/21/2006 12:49 PM, Blogger Joni said…

    Those are fantastic! It is still a little strange to see Putnam High and Grant. I went to a private school up there, but it is still strange to see glimpses of Oregon from "somewhere in the middle". :) Great as always...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home